Stress – The Immunity Killer!
90% of visits to all primary health care practitioners are the effect of stress.
Stress is defined as – ‘a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.’
And hands up if you relate to this condition – Okay, so everyone put their hands up…
Stress Knocks Our Immunity
Your immunity is down when you develop chronic conditions such as:
- Sore back
- And on and on the list goes…
Activities that Effect Our Immunity
These activities and circumstances affect our immunity:
- Over-training (your body not being given the necessary rest to fully recuperate)
- A course of antibiotics that kills the good as well as the bad bacteria
- Lack of sleep – chronic or acute, the straw that broke the camel’s back.
What to do to Increase Your Immunity?
- Stop the habits that are running you into the ground
- Turn off your computer when you really don’t need to be in front of it
- Rest – under the blankets, dig out old comforting movies and switch off
- Drink good water regularly
- Take Olive leaf, Zinc, Golden Seal, Noni, Echinacea (except if suffering from auto immune disease)
- Quality supplements count! Seek out the best.
- Anti histamine – Vitamin C
- Quercetin ( bioflavonoid) – have with fat for best absorption
- Neutralize acids in the body given off by pathogens by taking baking soda – ½ teaspoon in water 1-2 x/per day away from food
- 3% hydrogen peroxide drops in ear when you are just beginning to feel a cold or flu symptoms coming on
- Sinus – see above herbs
- Herbal nasal spray
- Ask, “Why?” Use your mind to slow down your sympathetic nervous system, which in its hyper vigilant (always on the look-out) state causes the immune system to shut down. (If you are about to be eaten by a tiger, why do you need an immune system that’s fully functional?)
- Ask, “What can I control?”