Health complaints, including stubborn weight gain are not really separate problems. They are all related and driven by a few common root causes:
- What you eat and drink
- How you think
- How much you Move, Rest, Connect
- How toxic you are
Free Your Body of Pollutants
- The pollutants in our environment continue to grow at an alarming rate. We need to be aware of these and minimise our exposure. To a large extent we have little control over many of these, so we can’t eliminate them entirely
- But there are some pollutants we have more control over because we can choose whether to consume them or not
- Sugar for example has now been scientifically proven to be more powerfully addictive than alcohol, cocaine and even heroin. Artificial sweeteners may be more powerfully addictive still.
You Can Break Your Self-Destructive Food Habits!
- Addictive foods are the root cause of why so many are overweight and sick
- Food scientists focus on creating foods that maximally trigger the” bliss point” that addictive “feel good” pathway that keeps you coming back for more.
- We need to detoxify in order to break the cycle of very real food addictions
Feed Your Body Nourishing Real Foods
- The key to that process is to stop the addictive foods substances we take in all at once and at the same time replace them with specific hormone-balancing, brain healing foods, lifestyle habits and supplement containing key nutrients to further enhance our bodies capacity to detoxify
- Changing the way we think about food so that we get our minds working with our bodies not against them is critical to weight loss and healing
- We need to understand that:
- Not all calories are created equal
- You can fight genetics
- You can’t use will power to control cravings
- You can’t be healthy if you are still overweight
Exercise + Real Food = A New Energised You!
- Exercise alone is not the key to lose weight; exercise is critical to your detoxification efforts, but not for the reasons you think. Here is why exercise helps and why we need it
- It makes your cells more sensitive to insulin. So you don’t need as much, and less insulin= less belly fat
- It lowers your stress hormone Cortisol. Too much Cortisol = insulin resistance = more belly fat
- If you interval train (going fast then slow as in wind sprints) you speed up your metabolism and burn more calories all day long and even while you sleep
- Strength training builds muscle and muscle burns seven times more calories from fat stores than typical steady-as-she-goes cardio workouts do.
- Even if you are slim strength training prevents “ skinny fat” syndrome
- Exercise improves memory, learning and concentration
- Vigorous exercise is a better antidepressant than Prozac
- Exercise protects your heart
- It reduces inflammation the root cause of every disease of aging
- It boosts detoxification of environmental chemicals
- It supports hormonal balance and reduces the risk of breast and other common cancers
- Exercise improves sexual function
It’s Never The ‘Right’ Time To Lose Weight – It’s Always The ‘Right’ Time!
- You don’t have to be “ready” to succeed at weight loss
- Small changes in lifestyle may not reward you with the weight loss you are seeking
- Rapid weight loss does not have to result in rebound weight gain, if done correctly.
- A professionally designed detoxification programme may provide the catalyst to accomplish not only weight loss but help you on your journey to sustain or regain health.
Other Great Detoxification Benefits
- Prevent insulin spikes – arrest belly fat storage and cravings
- Improve your cells’ sensitivity to insulin
- Improve Cortisol balance – so that this hormone sits in the goldilocks position not too high and not too low
- Lower ghrelin – the hunger hormone
- Improves leptin sensitivity – leptin is the appetite regulator
- Increases dopamine (one of the feel good chemicals the brain produces) naturally, and reset your brain’s reward pathway so you can feel pleasure from eating real food
- Reset your taste buds so real food tastes good again
- Reduce inflammation by including anti-inflammatory foods
- Clearer skin
- Clearer sinuses
- Improved digestion
- Reduced cravings
- Increased energy
Learn how to…
The professionally designed detoxification programme that I offer is designed not just for easier weight loss, but also for long term weight management and health improvement. So during the detox, you will also focus on an aspect of whole system’s healing. For example you will learn how to:
- Cut your cravings for sugar and processed foods
- Detoxify from all addictive substances and support your body’s Detox systems
- Clean out your digestive system to help your body eliminate toxins better
- Move your body so you improve your metabolism to create optimal health
- Listen to changes happening in your body and become aware of the natural shifts toward health and wellness
- Examine the thoughts, beliefs and attitudes that get in the way of weight loss, and create new thought patterns for health and well- being
- Nurture yourself and calm your nervous system through simple breathing techniques and relaxation
- Design your life through focussed planning
Eliminate these Foods…
This detoxification programme is primarily a food based plan with a few additional supplement plus certain lifestyle practices. The Food Plan during the detox eliminates:
- Sugar substitutes
- Artificial sweeteners
- Dairy products
- Refined oils
- All processed foods
The Food Plan includes foods that promote detoxification, increases the health of the gut and balance blood sugar.
- You will get your protein from:
- Obtain healthy fat from:
- Seeds )
- Olives ) cold pressed oils and butters
- Obtain carbohydrate from:
- All low glycemic vegetables such as spinach, and other leafy greens , etc
- Small amounts of low glycemic fruit – e.g berries
- Some root vegetables,
- Some non gluten containing grains
- Some beans
- Take a few supplements to support gut and liver detoxification
- Drink good quality water and herb teas, including green tea
Lifestyle Practices that you’ll follow will involve:-
- Exercise including breathing and relaxation exercises to support detoxification via the skin lymphatics, lungs, and nervous systems
- Adequate sleep
- Detoxification baths to support detoxification via the skin
- Journaling to keep track of symptoms and to develop thinking patterns that can sustain good health
- A media fast to support mental health and emotional balance
- Specific daily themes for focus
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Food is one of the most powerful drugs on the planet. When we use food the right way it can really help us tap into deep reservoirs of health and energy!
Two to six weeks is a very small amount of time to focus on getting your body re-balanced; and the long-term results can be life changing!
So, carve out this time to regain new levels of energy, feel rejuvenated and add years to your life and life to your years!
Find out more about the Detox Programs we offer…